Skin Natural's 6 Remedies for Pimples
- Cleaner is better when it comes to keeping pimples at bay. Cleanse your face twice daily and be sure to regularly wash materials that come in contact with your face, like your pillowcases and towels. Also be sure to remove your makeup nightly and keep your applicators and brushes clean. This will cut down on the transference of acne causing bacteria.
- Want to know how to remove pimples? Look in your medicine cabinet. Toothpaste is a really cheap, easy and convenient way to dry out a pimple. Just dab on and let dry before rinsing off. Be sure to use the paste type, gel toothpastes won't work.
- Calamine Lotion is not exactly a natural skin care product, however many people have it on hand. It will work in a similar fashion to toothpaste for drying up a pimple.
- Zinc is an important mineral for healing and cell regeneration. Eat foods rich in zinc such as oats beans, nuts, whole grains, dairy products and pumpkin seeds, or take supplements. A daily dose of 50 mg. for a month should prove helpful. If you do notice an improvement after that time, go ahead and reduce the dosage. Of course, the natural way to get your zinc intake would be via your diet, however some people are not able to absorb full amounts of this mineral.
- Before going to bed, make a paste of three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon and apply to your pimples or problem areas. In the morning, wash the paste off with warm water. Use this method for acne treatment nightly for two weeks.
- Use the juice of fresh papaya or honey to dry the blemish and kill pimple-causing bacteria. Let sit on the affected skin area for about 20 minutes then rinse with warm water and pat dry.